Friday, November 4, 2011

Blog Post #7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

Randy Pausch promotes the idea of achieving your dreams. As a young child Randy Pausch was a determine to be something at all cause. But even though he was unable to achieve all his dreams he can still smile and be happy at the his past accomplishment.

Randy Pausch if I may say is a very interesting individual. He seems to know what he was talking excusing his credentials as professor. He video was very length but he was able to grasp my attention the entire time. This video I would glad show and encourage any new teacher to watch cause he gives great tips and pointers on how to be a productive teacher.

The first lesson that Randy Pausch teaches is called the head fake. This is what really caught my attention cause I love football. He explains that the head fakes is indirect learning while learning something else. His indirect and direct relation to the sport ,football made this easy relate to. He also explains that the team as a whole is learning how to play the game you have the individuals how to be leaders.

I have always been an individual to want to do work on my own since I have became of age. When I was younger I like the idea of being with my friends in a group doing work. But I have learned everyone do not share the same values of wanting to be successful which made me turn the other way in liking group work. But I have learned from my mistakes and would hate to have my past hinder my future students in groups to accomplish a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment