Monday, October 3, 2011

Blog Post #6

1.)http://techliterateteacher.blogspot.com/2009/06/networked-student.html
by:Wendy Drexler: The Networked Student
This video promotes students to be independent about learning. The narrator in the video shows what a student is capable of doing when he has the ability technology at his grasp. Students are able to promptly teach themselves the subjects from the classroom. I personally was confused with the idea of not having a textbook in the classroom as well as not using one entirely. The narrator explains that technology can be used for more than just looking up information but also for networking to find out useful information.
The narrator asked a remarkable question, why do we need teachers? This question is very important being the fact they guide students on how to properly research and find noble sources and information. Teachers are needed I would say personally. The narrator explains that teachers show their student how to interact and communicate with other teachers with technology. Technology is the route to take to enable technological advancement between distance sources and teachers.
I learned that that technology is a gateway to higher learning and communication. The idea of Connectivism I would have to say personally I'm not a big fan. With me being old fashion I like the idea of a teacher giving his or her students a subject to learn from or that he or she teaches. I can personally state the class I'm currently in EDM 310 is like Connectivism. Connectivism forces one to be independent and active. Connectivism seems to force to be more dependent on them than the teacher which I may say is a positive.

2.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEls3tq5wIY
Welcome to My PLE!
I would have to say the grader’s PLE is very neat and interesting. This video kind of motivates me to design and upgrade my blogger to bring more appeal and ease to the eyes for my viewers and myself. The video and narration was well developed. I learned that there is more to the technology of blogger than just posting. My blog post compared to her post seems to be like a beginners.

1 comment:

  1. Fix your links. You're in the life-long process of creating an intellectual trail. Be professional. Do you have a PLN? How does it compare to this 7th grader's?

    ReplyDelete