Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blog #4

1.)Eagles’ Nest Radio Episode #3: Roamin’ with the Ancient Romans
http://blog.woodward.edu/ps_edmison/?cat=103
I'm not to familiar with pod casting. But from listening to the 3rd graders speaking about Rome seemed very interesting. Listening to the the third graders explain the about Rome and how they presented themselves was remarkable. They had the pod cast almost like a real news casting station without the video. I happen to learn a lot of eye raising to info about the Romans. This has taught me what pod cast can do.

2.)The benefits of podcasting in the classroom
http://joedale.typepad.com/integrating_ict_into_the_/2009/04/the-benefits-of-podcasting-in-the-classroom.html
I learned in that pod casting can be used for interacting with the students and an educational manner. Pod casting presents clear and knowledgeable information to the students without the presences of an actual teacher. Not only can the teacher not be present the but the pod cast can be listen to at any time and anywhere. This also provides parents the ability to listen to what their kids are learning. I have learned what pod cast abilities are.

3.)Learning Podcasting on Wise Women Website, By: Carolyn Wood
http://www.wise-women.org/tutorials/podcast/
I didn't know that pod casting was created in 2004. I had an I pod touch and I notice on my i-tunes program had the podcast on it.But then unfortunately I did not know the use of the pod cast until now. I'm pretty sure if I would have known the basics skills about pod casting I would have used it in high school when I was unable to to attend school. But overall I think this will make me a better teacher. In presenting myself to my students in a more professional manner and also in a technological way for the students to be interested in learning the topics at hand.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mr. McMillan,
    I really enjoyed reading what you you had to say about podcasting. I never thought such a medium could become such a productive teaching tool. I wanted to tell you that if you cut your web addresses out of compose and paste them into edit html you will be able to click them as a link in the completed post. Good job.

    Sincerely,
    Christopher Reindl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been to the Writing Lab yet? You must go. If they can't help you, let me know. I will find other resources for you if i can. You absolutely must learn to write better if you expect to be a teacher and if you expect to pass EDM310.

    A few examples from your first paragraph:

    1.)Eagles’ Nest Radio Episode #3: Roamin’ with the Ancient Romans
    http://blog.woodward.edu/ps_edmison/?cat=103
    "I'm not to familiar with pod casting."
    to should be too
    po casting should be podcasting

    "But from listening to the 3rd graders speaking about Rome seemed very interesting." Rewrite: I found listening to the third graders talking about Rome very interesting."

    "Listening to the the third graders explain the about Rome and how they presented themselves was remarkable." Delete. This adds nothing that is not covered in your first sentence.

    "They had the pod cast almost like a real news casting station without the video." Rewrite: Their podcast resembled a news cast without the video.

    "I happen to learn a lot of eye raising to info about the Romans." Rewrite: I learned a lot about the Romans from their podcast. Some of which was quite surprising.

    "This has taught me what pod cast can do." Now I have a better understanding of what podcasts can do.

    Turn your text links into buttons.

    I hope these assignments helped in your preparation for your podcast.

    GO TO THE WRITING LAB!

    ReplyDelete